Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween in Waikiki


It was a spooky Halloween here in Hawaii. We started off the weekend by going to the haunted lagoon at the PCC on Friday. This was only the second year they've done it and it was packed full of people. We waited in a 3 hour line to get in, but we made it worth while. After we finally got through the line, they put us on a canoe and sent us down the lagoon. There were people jumping out from the water, and the shore, they were everywhere! It was a good way to start the Halloween festivities! On Saturday, I got a very very special treat. My mom came and visited me! I was able to go pick her up at the airport, I was so excited to see her! We went to Costco, the grocery store, and then took her to Ted's Bakery for dinner. After she got settled in the hotel, I left to go spend Halloween night with my friends (which I did feel very bad about). The past week had been so busy with midterms I didn't have time to put a costume together, so I just threw a bunch of random items into a bag and hoped I would figure something out. We drove into Waikiki, parked, and found a bathroom to change in. Luckily my mom had brought me my Jazz jersey, so I turned into a Jazz dancer. I had tennis shoes, little black shorts, my jersey, and my hair right on top of my head. Once we were changed we went out to see complete madness on the streets. I can't even explain how insane it was. There were people everywhere, you walked down the street shoulder to shoulder and could barely move. I have never seen more people dressed up in my life, tourists even had beach chairs out on the sidewalk just looking at everyone walking by. We got there at about 9:30 and didn't leave till 1:30 because we were so entertained watching all of the people! It was quite the Halloween experience!



No comments:

Post a Comment