Sunday, November 8, 2009

Short and Sweet Visit

My mom came and paid me a wonderful visit at the beginning of last week! It was so great to see her! I was so excited driving to the airport I could barely stand it. After picking her up, we headed to Costco to get some actual real food! It was so nice to be able to go and pick out a real dinner to eat and get a few extra bonuses too. Since it was Halloween when she came, I took her to the hotel and then went for the night with my friends. I went back to the hotel to sleep that night and it was probably one of the best nights sleep I have had since being here. On Sunday we went to Sacrament meeting, than went and hung out by the pool together all day. I can't begin to tell you how great it was to be able to talk to her with her sitting right next to me, it felt so unreal! That night she made an amazing Sunday dinner for about 8 of us. We had salmon, salad, rice, and fruit, we were ravenous and just kept eating everything, it tasted so good to have an actual meal. On Monday, we played tennis with Garrett and Sadie and unfortunately I have to admit that her and Sadie beat us. She made another home cooked meal that night for Lohren Kelsey and me that was just as good as Sunday's. Then we went to the Michael Jackson movie This Is It. We LOVED it!!! I was able to sleep in the hotel that night again, in an air-conditioned room. Tuesday, we drove into town and went to the Ala Moana mall and then she took Lohren and me to the Cheesecake Factory for one last meal before she left. After dinner, we had to take her to the airport and say our goodbye's for three weeks until she comes for thanksgiving! Thanks for a much needed couple of days mom!

1 comment:

  1. Carla we love your blog. love kels jess and lo

    ReplyDelete