Monday, May 2, 2011

I wish Hugh Grant really lived in Notting Hill


Notting Hill has become a recent favorite movie of mine. With Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant a movie can't get much better. Ever since finding out I would be coming to London I have been watching it more often every time getting more excited to walk the streets of Notting Hill. After the hustle and bustle of the Royal Wedding we decided to take Saturday morning easy before heading off to Notting Hill and Portobello Road.

Here are the girls of Flat 6
(Me, Des, Meisha, Meg, Ari)

I had no idea that Portobello road went on for over half a mile. Did you know that it is the largest antique shopping area in the world? We didn't. Since we are still in our first week in London Meisha and I decided to not do a lot of shopping and more experiencing. We walked down the street stopping at all the souvenir shops and vendors on our way. It was the first time I didn't feel like a tourist even though I had my camera out the entire time.

Since Portobello Road is only open on Saturday's we decided that we would be spending many of our Saturday mornings there. It is such a fun atmosphere and cheap too which is always a bonus. I think is was especially crowded with all the people still hanging around from the Royal Wedding so hopefully next time we go we won't be fighting the crowds so much.

Haven't you always wanted to by flowers off the street like how Meg Ryan does in You've Got Mail. Well Meisha and I have but we didn't really want to carry flowers around all day and we don't have anywhere to put them in our tiny little flat so we had to settle for a picture instead.

It did not take long for me to fall in love with Notting Hill. Sadly, the blue front door was never found but I am going to keep looking. If I were to ever move to London this is where I would choose to have my house. 



No comments:

Post a Comment