Sunday, November 22, 2009

The True Hawaiian Life

We had the great idea of going to Walmart, buying white clothes, and then tie dying them! We did it randomly one night just in the road. Let's just say, we aren't the best tie dyers in the world, but we definitely had fun! We had extra dye so ended up decorating and staining the road (for about 3 days) and also staining ourselves in the process! It made for a night full of laughs that lasted the entire next week since the dye wouldn't come off our feet, hands, legs, and arms our finished projects didn't turn out quite as good as we
had hoped. Lohren and my sweatshirts ended up being mainly
white with random spots of dye!








We brought out the tent again for round 2 of camping! We were roughing it...literally. We picked possibly the worst night to camp since there was a major storm coming in but it was
worth it. Since it was Friday the 13th, we decided camping in a tent with a scary movie was the best way to honor the holiday! The storm came that is for sure. We had winds and down poor rain the whole time, but us and the tent survived in one but not dry piece. Lohren and I also got a little smarter and bought blow
up pads to sleep on, one of the best purchases I have made since being here. We woke up in the morning, took down the tent, and headed to Hukilau Cafe for breakfast. It was delicious!
I received a great package in the mail from my mother with a New Moon shirt and a heart necklace with Edward's name. Yes, I was ready for the new
Twilight movie! We got tickets for the midnight showing and were there 3 hours early thinking we would have to wait in a line like usual. Well, I guess you could say we forgot we lived in Hawaii the land of being laid-back we were the only ones in the
theater for about the next hour and a half. We made it worth our time taking pictures and getting told to be quiet by the other 10 people there! It was well worth the wait though! It very much exceeded my expectations! Jacob is complete eye candy but I have to admit, I always go back to Edward!

As fall ends and winter comes the waves on the north shore keep getting bigger and bigger which only means one thing...surf competitions! The Reef Pro was the first one going on at Halewea! It is unbelievable what these guys can do! The waves were around 10 feet and are suppose to reach 15 feet for the finals! It is definitely a fearless sport, when they go down, they go down hard. It was so much fun to be right there in the middle of it all...and the free stuff they handed out wasn't too bad either. When finals come around it'll be hard to study when the sunset and pipeline competitions are going on!
My favorite thing I have done since being here happened just this past friday night/saturday morning. There is a hike here called Stairway to Heaven, but
has been closed off since 2004 because it is so
dangerous. Well this doesn't stop just about everyone from sneaking in and doing the hike anyways, which is exactly what Garrett, Landon, Egan, and I did. We left around 1:00 am and
went to Walmart to buy head lamps which I though would make my Dad very happy. We got there at about 4:oo am, and got to the starting point at about 4:30. I was completely terrified, I was literally going up the face of a mountain on tiny little metal stairs built into the mountain with just a small railing to hang on too. Luckily I had 3 boys to surround me. I climbed 3,922 in just an hour and a half. Possibly one of the things I am most proud of that I have accomplished. It was one of the best adventures I have been on.
There were some points where I couldn't look to either side of me because I was on a ridge that completely dropped off on both sides, and other times where I would look up and someone would be directly above me it was so steep, but so worth it! We were able to watch a beautiful sunrise over looking city and ocean. After the sun had risen we climbed up to the very top and were literally in a cloud. We got home at about 10:30 that morning completely exhausted, but made it to the beach and turtle bay for hot tubbing! Let me tell you, I have never been more sore in my life. Every step I take I feel a sharp pain up my legs, but as Lohren put it, I asked for it, and loved every second!













No comments:

Post a Comment