Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue!

The night before my wedding my parents sat me and Daniel down and handed me a box. As I opened it I received my something old, new, borrowed, and blue! My mom is thoughtful and creative and didn't miss a thing! I even had a sixpence in my shoe!

Something old, something new
Something borrowed, something blue
And a silver sixpence in her shoe.

My something old was the clip in my hair, it is the clip that my grandma wore on her wedding day.

My something new was my necklace. It is a maple leaf, the theme of our wedding. My sweet Dad had it made for me. 
For something blue, my mom had my dad and Daniel cut a piece of blue fabric from one of their dress shirts. She had them cut into heart and sewn on the inside of my wedding dress over my heart.

My something borrowed came from my mom and was used in the temple so it is not photographed here.

What I love about these details is that not everyone knew about them but from all the details of my wedding, these were by far my favorite. I will treasure them all my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment