Sunday, June 17, 2012

Run, Drive, Sleep, Repeat

 This weekend I ran Ragnar. A race that starts in Logan and ends in Park City. 197 miles, 12 girls, and 2 vans. I ran my first leg, 3.8 miles, at about 3:00 pm Friday afternoon, my second was 7.5 miles at 3:00 am, and my last was the leg that started it all, the Ragnar hill, 4.0 miles straight up hill at about 2:00 pm on Saturday afternoon. I ran 15.5 miles of the 197.

Off we go in van 2!

Made it through the first run!

On to round 2!

Getting ready for the night runs!

My feet are blistered, my muscles are sore, there were tears of joy and pain, lots of cheering, and lots and lots of sweat. Saturday morning started out rough when we had to pull over so I could throw up but I made it through.

     
This is at the bottom of Ragnar hill. That mountain behind me is what I ran up.                 
This is at the top of Ragnar hill. I made it up barely alive!


We made it to the finish!

The Dirty Dozen!


I only knew 3 of the girls on my team but we all became the best of friends by the end. It was one of the most fun things I have participated in! 
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. oh i'm so jealous. looks so fun!! glad you enjoyed it! stop working and come visit us!

    ReplyDelete