Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Witches, Ghosts, and Ghouls...Oh My!

I love Halloween. I always feel like I am revisiting my childhood getting all dressed up except now instead of Trick or Treating we have to find other fun things to celebrate. Our stake had a Halloween Dance on Friday night to kick off the weekend. I felt like I was back in high school when I first entered the dance but as always it turned out to be one of the funnest things. We had some great costumes going on. Tron girls, Occupy Wall Streeters, Fantastic Mr. Fox, James Bond, and I was the Morton Salt Girl. We danced the night away and by the end we were exhausted!


We were waiting in the cold for a half hour before the shuttle came for the dance!

Saturday was a little break from the Halloween festivities. I slept in long and hard. Friday had been the longest day so I thought I deserved it. And then I went to the Holocaust museum. I now been to the London Holocaust museum, Dachau Concentration Camp, and the DC Holocaust museum. But I still get emotional walking through these exhibits. DC has a great museum and I am glad that I went alone so I could really absorb and take it all in. I definitely needed a pick me up after that which ended up being me watching football with the guys. It was way to cold to venture outside so I was just fine cozying up and watching sports.
It was snowing.

Halloween finally came on Monday and we still had no plans. I had to cook dinner for my dinner group and I decided to make it a little Halloweenish. We decided to dress up and head over to Georgetown. It was crazy how many people were there and all of the costumes. I felt like I was back in Waikiki for Halloween. A huge group dressed up as farmer's because there was some deal at Chipotle so while they went to get food Sean and I walked the streets. People watching is one of my favorite things and I never stopped being entertained by the people that walk these streets. After our walk we all headed back home and watched the best Halloween movie ever...Hocus Pocus! Such a classic.



I hope everyone had a great Hallows Eve!


 November 1st was made "All Hallow's Day" by Irish Immigrants making October 31st "Hallow's Eve"


1 comment:

  1. I am jealous of your Halloween--looks like tons of fun! I cannot tell you how excited I am for you to get home. The social life has been seriously lacking without you here.

    ReplyDelete