Sunday, January 17, 2010

White Christmas


I realize it has been a really really long time since I have updated my blog, and for that I apologize. With finals and the anticipation of finally being able to go home things got a little hectic the last couple weeks of Fall semester, but now I am back on track!
The week before I got home I went to the hair salon and cut off 8 inches of hair! I can honestly say it is one of the craziest things I've done in my life, it is even up there with skydiving, pathetic I know. But my hair was a definite trademark of mine, and it felt incredible to cut it off. I decided to keep it a secret from all the people at home so when I got off the plane and saw my mom and Kacey, they were speechless. Everyone loved the new change, it took my mom a little bit longer to come to terms with it but she did eventually and actually likes it now!!
Being home was so much fun. I loved being with my family and my friends all the time. I had a jam packed two and a half weeks that is for sure. I don't think I went to sleep before 3:00 am any night I was there, but it was worth it. One of the highlights is always Allie's birthday party, and this year was no different. It was so much fun especially since the Schneider clan took 3rd place and we didn't even have a roof on our house! It always gets busy right before Christmas with neighbor deliveries to be made, friend's gifts to be given, and so many family parties, but even with all the hustle and bustle, it had never felt nicer to be home.



I accomplished many fun activities while being home. I was able to go to two of the jazz games, even though the lost one, it felt good to be back at the Delta Center. My family ran up to Sun Valley for a couple days and I really didn't want to go but after I got up there I ended up having such a fun time and was so glad that we went. Thanks for letting me leave a day early Dad! Bringing in 2010 was another highlight. I think New Years is always kind of a disappointing holiday, and my friends didn't really start our New Years Eve party till about 11:50, we partied it up after midnight had come and gone! Hopefully 2010 will be an even better year than 2009! My friends and I definitely took advantage of my hot-tub which is always fun to do with snow surrounding you. Sledding, swimming, watching movies, going out to eat, sleeping over at a cabin with friends, and just hanging out was what my days were filled with. 

After two and a half weeks of the cold, I was definitely ready to get back to the heat and sunshine! I was sad to have to leave everyone but it feels so good to be back into a routine of things, and I am still loving my time here!

No comments:

Post a Comment